donderdag 20 augustus 2015
blauwe bessen kokos cake
English version of the recipe (blue berry coconut cake)
- preheat the oven at 160C degrees.
- mix 6 eggs with 250 ml coconut milk.
- grind the skin of one lime and add 1 tablespoon of the lime grind and 2 tablespoons of the juice to the eggs.
- add bit by bit 1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons wine-stone baking powder*, 1 teaspoon vanilla powder, 50 gr. coconut blossom sugar* and 90 gr. coconut flour*.
- mix to a smooth dough.
- melt 100 gr. coconut oil* and add it to the dough. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes, so the coconut flour can absorb the fluid.
- mix 150 gr. blue berries with 1 tablespoon coconut flour, this way the berries will not all sink to the bottom while baking the cake. Add the berries to the dough.
- grease a spring cake tin (20cm) with coconut oil and add the dough.
- bake ready in about 50 to 60 minutes.
*available at organic food shop.